YOGA FOUNDATIONS WEEKEND IMMERSION: JUNE 4 – 5, 2022
Yoga Foundations is a training focused on the fundamentals of yoga. Outside of asana practice we cultivate an awareness of the ancient tradition through the 8 Limb Path, and a rich exploration into meditation and pranayama. Covering different modalities, we prepare you with substantial practice in Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Nidra yoga styles. Yoga Foundations training is essentially what you’d learn from an extensive teacher training, without the commitment or expense of a teacher training.
– If you have never done yoga before, this is a great place for you to start.
– If you have been away from yoga for a while, this is a great place for you to return.
– If you want to refine your current yoga practice, this is a great place for you to be.
Our Yoga Foundations Weekend Immersion compiles the aspects of yoga so many people miss by simply absorbing through practice in studio classes or at home alone. Designed to raise your awareness and provide the insight for a meaningful journey, you’ll learn through both discussion and practice.
Taught by founding teacher, Tara Hansen, this immersive training will be held over one weekend; Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5 from 11:00 – 3:00 P.M. We are offering the full eight-hour course for $150, which includes a printed manual to take notes and reference long-after.
– An overview of yoga, including a background on philosophy and the 8 Limb Path, as well as an introduction to pranayama breath work and meditation.
– Beginning poses and alignment with a Hatha-based approach, deconstructing muscle movement and stabilization, while learning to transition between poses.
– Flowing through movement with a Vinyasa focus on motion and breath, giving an opportunity for inversions.
– We’ll lay it to rest with restorative postures from Yin and Nidra practices, including prop use to support relaxation in your body and mind.
The class size for Yoga Foundations is limited to 10 students, so you will receive personalized attention.
Ready to explore your practice deeper and immerse yourself in this ancient tradition? Join us below.
The studio is staffed 15 min prior to and 15 min after daily classes.
244 E Main Street
Hillsboro, OR 97123