FULL MOON CEREMONY
FULL MOON CEREMONY: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9 FROM 6:00 – 8:00 P.M.
- Ceremonies are signposts of our culture that reflect our beliefs and purpose. They are an important means of expressing, reinforcing and transmitting these shared values. As signposts, they remind us to pause and cultivate an awareness of the present so that we can create more meaningful journey.
- Earth altars are spaces where the cosmos touch our everyday reality. Since humans started looking to the heavens, they have created these sacred spaces as portals to other worlds. Specifically built using elements found in nature, every step is a divine process that connects the spirit to the physical self. These portals weave their way through many cultures across the globe, acting as a universal thread to commune with ancestors, spirit guides, and the divine.
- Reiki is a form of alternative medicine called energy healing. Reiki practitioners use a technique called palm healing or hands-on healing through which a “universal energy” is said to be transferred through the palms of the practitioner to the patient in order to encourage emotional or physical healing.
- Release your stress with the power of sound. By utilizing crystal sound bowls, gongs and various other instruments and techniques, you will gain access to theta brainwave frequencies that will contribute to your healing and rejuvenation. While in the theta state the brain is allowed to reprogram itself, and release habits that no longer serve a positive purpose in your life. This promotes relaxation and stress reduction, and the removal of emotional blockages. This form of healing balances the energy in the body, cleanses the chakras, and strengthens the aura to allow you to awaken to your purpose on your life path.
What to bring (not required):
- Any offerings you want to contribute to the main earth altar. i.e. crystals, candles, river water, garden flowers, or sentimental leaf you’ve collected.
- Your own yoga mat*
*This event is predominantly facilitated on the floor. We provide yoga mats and cushions. Please contact us if you have concerns about this.
The studio is staffed 15 min prior to and 15 min after daily classes.
244 E Main Street
Hillsboro, OR 97123